Windows 10 Remote Desktop Tutorial
- Enable Remote Desktop.
- WIN+X --> System --> Remote Settings and enable Remote Connections.
- FYI if you're logged into as admin it's already authorized to connect.
- Open Command Prompt, type ipconfig. The IPv4 Address is the address you'll port forward.
- Type, "whoami". If connected to a local account this will be your DOMAIN/user you'll enter when connecting to the RDP.
- If connected via Microsoft Account it will be your microsoft account... MicrosoftAccountfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Port forward port 3389 on your router. Verify it's open at CanYouSeeMe.org
- Verify your Windows Firewall isn't blocking the connection
- Verify your network is set to private